Monday, December 26, 2011

Hope for the Future

Yesterday for Christmas, I had the privilege of going to a juvenile detention center with Char Penn and the Youth group from Vineyard Tuttle Crossing. It was an incredible time, and God's presence was so thick with love and compassion. Char gave a message to the girls about how Jesus was born in a lowly place so that he could meet us in our low places. She spoke a message of hope to these young girls. She spoke about a God who wants to meet us in our brokenness and restore our lives, piece by piece. We also had the privilege of singing some worship songs for these girls, as well as giving them Christmas presents and praying for them. The whole time I was there, the Holy Spirit was all over me and my heart was just breaking. I felt so strongly, the love that God has for people like these girls. When we got to pray for them, I couldn't wait to get my hands on them and to speak healing words over their lives. It was just another conformation of what I want to do with my life. I want to be apart of sharing the love of God with the world. I cannot think of a better purpose or a higher calling. It is my dream and my gift. It is what I hope to do in Brazil. Each day in so many ways, God is preparing me more and more to be his servant. I am so grateful that he met me in my lowly place and gave me a hope for my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment